Mr. Weimer has managed several
major water/waste water projects including the following:
- On-site water/waste water audits for four coal fired
electric generating facilities. Developed overall water/waste water management
plans including feed water treatment, in-plant recycle and re-use
modifications, in-process treatment, and end-of-pipe treatment to achieve zero
liquid discharge operations.
- Developed solid waste and waste water management
operations at the world's largest synthetic fuels production facility in the
Republic of South Africa.
- Designed, installed, and operated a waste water treatment
plant for a magnesium processing facility. The waste water treatment plant
consisted of pre-treatment, reverse osmosis, brine concentration, and spray
- Designed a potable water treatment plant for an oil shale
processing facility. The potable water treatment plant included filtration, ion
exchange, media adsorption, and clarification.
Mr. Weimer has extensive professional management experience
in hazardous/industrial waste remediation projects including
- Managed remedial investigation / feasibility study
(RI/FS) projects for fifteen Superfund sites. Major contaminants found at these
sites included: PCBs, pesticides, volatile organics, and polynuclear aromatic
hydrocarbons. Prepared all the necessary documents to support the RI/FS
projects including Work Plans, QA/QC Plans, Health and Safety Plans, Spill
Containment, Control, Contingency Plans, and Sample and Analysis Plans.
- Managed on-site remediation of PCB contaminated sludges
at a major aluminum production facility.
- Developed an innovative in-site process to extract PCBs
from oily sludges contained in an underground storage tank at US Department of
Energy's Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- Managed on-site remediation of pesticides at the US
Department of Defense's Rocky Mountain Arsenal facility.
Testimony, Articles, and Reports